Saturday, March 26, 2005

Link: A clearly stated article addressing Terry Schiavo's condition

As a somewhat educated person in Neurology, I have to comment on this case. I'm seeing lots of religious leaders and lawyers but what I'm not seeing much of is neurologists. I think that it is safe to say that the people that are upset about this case are not upset about the legal process but are upset because they think that the court ruled to kill a person that has self awareness. If I were not to have the education that I do, I'm sure that I would feel the same way. The images that are posted everywhere of Terry and her mother stir emotion. The pictures do not tell the whole truth. If you are a supporter of keeping Terry alive, I ask that you read this article. The author of this article explains Terry's condition a lot better than I could. Don't worry, it's not a bunch of technical jargon.

1 Comments:

At 4/04/2005 2:09 PM, Blogger hockey mom said...

Thanks for the article. I've bookmarked it for my sister. Thank goodness my husband is in charge, not my sister if something were to happen to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home