Saturday, April 09, 2005

interview questions

1. Over in your sidebar you have one project on the needles. Do you really have only one? Seriously? Aren't you addicted yet?
No, that's a lie. It took me so long to do just the one picture. I'm not exactly HTML savvy. I have 3 projects. The tasha bag, wavy scarf (from recycled sweater), and a collar that will have buttons (a new skill). The collar is also being made out of my recycled sweater.

2. What inspired you to start a blog? Now that you've been at it for a few months, are you settling in, or is it still hard to find your blog voice? Is it taking over your life yet?
I felt like my last year of school has hindered any creativity I might have had. It was very intensive. Now that I'm in the home stretch it's a little easier. You brain has a use it or lose it policy. I'm trying to "build back up" my creative side. As a side note, do you know that if you lose a finger that your brain will attribute that portion of your brain that controlled that finger to your other fingers? Your brain is very efficient. At first I felt really silly blogging. Who would actually read it? I have definitely caught the bug. I love reading other peoples blogs. Now that I've seen what can be done with a free blog site, I've started to make mine more my own. I haven't quite decided what makes the cut into my blog yet. Right now just about everything does. It's probably going to be current events and the stupid ass things I do.

3. Who gave you that Christmas present sweater you unraveled? Aren't you afraid that person might find out?
My step-aunt gave me the sweater. I have a sneaking suspicion that it was a regift. The sweater was too large for me and definitely from the Misses department. If the wavy scarf turns out well it will be her Christmas present. I think she will be pleased.
4. I know someone who went down to Weight Watchers and told them that she had signed up as a member online and just wanted to buy a copy of the book, just so that she could get the book without having to join and pay for a membership. Would you do anything this dishonest? Had you thought of it already?

Thought of it? I've done it. I didn't do the same scenario though. I knew someone in Weight Watchers and she offered to pick me up a book. Knowing what to eat is not my problem. I've taken several nutrition courses in college. I know what to eat and what not to eat. I can do all the calculations. My problem is that I don't have will power. I could buy all the diet books on the top 10 sellers list and it still wouldn't make a difference. I need someone to hold me responsible. I think that traditional Weight Watchers is for people like me. I just can't afford to go.

5. Is it true that Kansas is flatter than a pancake? Do people make jokes to you all the time about not being in Kansas anymore, and does it drive you nuts? Which band would you rather listen to, Kansas or Toto?
It depends on what part of Kansas you are in. The western side is truly flat. The eastern side is more like Missouri. Ask anyone who has had to walk up the hill at KU-Lawrence and they will tell you that it is definitely not flat. They built the college on a hill (thanks guys). My boyfriend and I discussed it. Toto, Africa all the way. Dust in the wind has its merit but Africa is better.

1 Comments:

At 4/12/2005 7:15 AM, Blogger jodi said...

Thanks! great answers.

I asked you about Kansas because I heard on CBC radio a few years back about some researchers who made a pancake and looked at, if they blew the pancake up to the same size as Kansas which is flatter? and they determined that Kansas was flatter. But only flatter than that PARTICULAR pancake, every pancake is different. I thought it was a hilarious thing to spend research dollars on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home